August 23, 2011

I am a home body


Cross stitch done by me, pattern from slip cover your life.

I am a home body. I always have been. Ever since I was a girl, I would always prefer to stay home and have a night to myself then go hang out with friends. Now in college I went out all the time and partied like the best of them, but it seems that as soon as college ended and I moved in with my mister my desire to go out died away again.

As I was home this weekend...doing absolutely nothing. It hit me that I really do enjoy to be by myself and sometimes I have no desire to go out and go to the park, hit up a thrift store, get lunch with a friend, or go on an adventure. Sometimes I just want to sit with my life and enjoy what I am and where I am at that moment. I suppose you could call me a hermit or whatever else you want to, but if you ask me the best place in the world to be is home.

3 comments:

  1. You're a girl after my own heart! I'm the exact same way. My friends call me boring, but I just don't know feel the need to constantly be "doing" something. I'm perfectly ok with the peace and quite of home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better Maddy. That's exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cross stitch. and the colors you used.
    p.s. ever since I bought a house, I've been a home body! I love just staying home and enjoying MY house. Plus there is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed ;)

    ReplyDelete