October 11, 2011

Engagement Story > Part 2

So we had moved to Virginia, but prior to this big move I had to break the news to my very best friend of all time that I would not be going to Oregon with her. So one day I emailed her and told her. I was so scared that I couldn't even pick up the phone and tell her. I was so afraid I might lose her and felt so horrible to disappoint her. Let's just say she didn't take it well and she was upset that I would do it in an email rather than call. So every which way I had screwed it up. I won't go into details but she pretty much told me to stay out of her life. I was heartbroken but knew I had to be with Andrew. I just knew that being with him was where I was supposed to be and that I loved him. I knew he was the boy for me.

I accepted that I had lost the most important woman in my life and my dearest friend. I didn't accept it easily but I did learn to live with it. She had written me a very hurtful letter after I had broken the news to her. Something that had hurt so badly. I didn't respond to her letter as she had asked me not to, but I accepted that I had hurt her and she was saying things in turn to hurt me and I needed to sit with that.

Time went by. We got into a groove in Richmond, had made a few friends but not dear ones and life was just moving right along. Then one day I got a call. A call from my Nicole (this dear friend that I had lost) out of the blue. She had sent me an email at random, it had maybe been 6 or so months since we had spoken I can't really remember. The email was sweet ( I still have it) and she said she had a dream. A dream about me and she realized how much she missed me. I missed her terribly. If you are lucky like me to find that one person that you are 100% yourself with and that knows and gets you, then you know how hard losing that person can be.

Well, I got the email but I didn't respond to the email I didn't have anything to say. I missed her but she had hurt me deeply and I wasn't sure I was ready to move on. Shortly after that email she called. She called and we spoke. I don't think we cried but we spoke. Then she said to me. Would you be my maid of honor??? I'm getting married. I was in shock. I knew she had been seeing a red headed boy for quit some time (I really knew him as fire crotch side note, felt we were getting a little too serious gotta break that up) but I had missed the part where they had gotten this serious. I of course said yes and let the past drop away. She was getting married and she had asked me to be her #1 gal on her special day. The past didn't matter this was about her future and I wanted to be a part of it.

So here we were, I was preparing to go to Oregon to see my best friend get married (She still moved to Portland and her then boyfriend who became her fiance went with her). Andrew was debating about going with me as we weren't sure we could afford it and life was going at a constant pace.

The most exciting and another one of those "not uh that didn't happen moments" is about to happen folks.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, I am just loving these stories! Sorry I have been so absent... please know I am reading and LOVING every second of it. I have been inspired to write out our little love story, in fear that I may one day forget it. There are far less exciting events that occurred though so I think I could do it all in two posts! Hah! Can't wait to hear what happens next!!!
    xoxox
    *kate

    ReplyDelete