July 26, 2012

Bookshelf: Deadlocked

I started sharing books here so I could share books I love with you all and pass around great authors, but in this instance I am sharing a poor review. I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels a few years ago and loved them in the beginning. However, this is the 12th installment of this series and let's just say that Charlaine must be running out of material.

This thing dragged on and on and on. There was a point when I just thought it can't get any worse, and then she kept beating this dead horse. I finally had to shelf the stupid thing and walk away. I am saddened by this. Since I have so enjoyed her books in the past. Although I could understand if she is just plain bored with Sookie. I mean how much can really happen?!?! So it saddens me to advise you to steer clear of this Sookie book and move on . It's time to find a new vampire love story...maybe even something without vampires. I mean, I can't be alone in being so over vampire stories I am in Canada...

*Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment